• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Control pattern change

curb guy

Hey fellers,I hope someone can help me. My question is,how do you change the control pattern on an old 790D. I've done it on other machines by swapping the locations of a couple hoses at the manifold,but not on a 790.Not sure where the manifold is.I have a suspition it might be under the cab,accesible by removing a cover above the track?I guess I really need to know where the manifold is.THANK YOU :drinkup

curb guy

Let me clarify,by control patterns I mean swithing from ISO to SAE controls.Cat to John Deere I mean.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
curb guy, that's a tough one. Unless a member here has experience with that pilot system change, it would be a task for an experienced wrench to figure out which pilot hoses to switch. There is a manifold for the control pilot lines, probably in the compartment behind the operators cab, but I don't know how the lines are identified. One thing is for certain, you would have to switch lines as they are entering the manifold, not after, neither the lines at the main control valve as this affects various pressure switches. The best advice I can give you is talk to your local Deere service dept and hope they have made this control pattern change on this machine, or at least tell you which pilot line connects to which port on the manifold.

excavator

I've done it before but am having a hard time remembering..... I believe there is a valve block under the cab. And if I remember correctly I should have a diagram in my truck, I'll try to remember to check in the morning.

curb guy

curb guy, that's a tough one. Unless a member here has experience with that pilot system change, it would be a task for an experienced wrench to figure out which pilot hoses to switch. There is a manifold for the control pilot lines, probably in the compartment behind the operators cab, but I don't know how the lines are identified. One thing is for certain, you would have to switch lines as they are entering the manifold, not after, neither the lines at the main control valve as this affects various pressure switches. The best advice I can give you is talk to your local Deere service dept and hope they have made this control pattern change on this machine, or at least tell you which pilot line connects to which port on the manifold.

Yeah,thats where most of 'em are,I have books on several hoes that I work on that tell you which ports to switch but,I don't know about a 780,never having worked on any.

curb guy

I've done it before but am having a hard time remembering..... I believe there is a valve block under the cab. And if I remember correctly I should have a diagram in my truck, I'll try to remember to check in the morning.

Great! I just did a 690 E the other day,manifold behind cab.I was just trying to keep from dismantling this machine in the process of locating said manifold.Any help would be much appreciated!

Const&demoPA

Anyone familiar with a case cx210 pattern change valve? I cannot see anything obvious inside the battery compartment where hoses come to a manifold...Thanks!