• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cool / Weird things found at work

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
What are the coolest or weirdest things you have found at work.
I found this today while dredging a pond out. It is a Black Powder Rifle, not sure of the age. Its in pretty good condition, very small amounts of rust.

Attachments

• camera1365.jpg
    camera1365.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 3,254

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
AHHH,the murder weapon!!So that's where it went?
Nice find.Hope it cleans up for you.Seems like it could be worth something to the right person.Ron G

dumptrucker

I was trucking for a company that was digging for a hotel and one of the operators dug up a long barrel musket, the date on it was 1817. I don't know if he had it appraised or not but it was in pretty good shape.

I have dug up a lot of old bottles, that I keep in a collection. Some of them are worth a couple of hundred dollars.

white_boyz1

weird things

:eek: []a sewer company south of houma la, was digging to install one of the new sewer systems we have down here.we he opened the old poop tank he found a body!!!!!!!!.he called the law,and low and behold it was the home owners wife.he killed her and put her in the tank thinking she would rot away..im looking for the news report from way back..:OMG

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
:eek: []a sewer company south of houma la, was digging to install one of the new sewer systems we have down here.we he opened the old poop tank he found a body!!!!!!!!.he called the law,and low and behold it was the home owners wife.he killed her and put her in the tank thinking she would rot away..im looking for the news report from way back..:OMG

:wierd That even beats me finding a stainless steel milk tank trailer buried at a site I was working on once...Guess they were behind on the payments.:cool2 Can't top that story though...woooof. The coroner HAD to have a totty or two after that day's work, no doubt.:drinkup

dumptrucker

:wierd That even beats me finding a stainless steel milk tank trailer buried at a site I was working on once...Guess they were behind on the payments.:cool2 Can't top that story though...woooof. The coroner HAD to have a totty or two after that day's work, no doubt.:drinkup

That site wouldn't have been around the bellows falls area would it? Know of a guy that would do something like that. I know a truck junk yard that has a stack of titles for this guy's equipment and can't find the pieces.