• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cost for premix

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . Just out of curiosity . . . how much cost for a cubic meter (or cubic yard) of 10mm premix. That is to say, half sand half 10mm (3/8") stone. Would it vary much around an area or district?

I reckon I just got stung big time on six meters to make some pavers . . . $155 a cube delivered two kilometers from depot.

Cheers.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Runs about $135 a yd in this area if you get a full 10 yd load. More for partial load and a mileage add.

cdm123

Sounds like you got hosed but your a long ways away prices may differ, did they walk it over in the loader or any thing special? If asked I will deliver buy the bucket and dump over a fence etc. and charge the hourly.

td25c

I Don't think our quarry even offers the pre mix of sand & stone ? They want $20.00 a ton for sand ,around $8.00 a ton for the stone . That's not delivered .

Ready mix concrete out of the truck is around $ 100.00 a yard with 3 yard minimum .

80 lb bag of Quikrete is 3.65 www.homedepot.com/p/Quikrete-80-lb-Concrete-Mix-110180/100318511

Building a patio or walkway Scrub ? What type of pavers are you casting ?

I have to go lay some pavers for a customer who wants a patio . We would normally pour it with concrete but due to the lay of the land it's not easy to get the mixer truck to the work site . I even get to operate a wheel barrow on this job:D I think we have decided to go with the 12" X 12" red pavers. www.homedepot.com/s/paver+stones?NCNI-5

cdm123

Is the material in your area not good for concrete ie. too much clay high sulfates etc. maybe they have too truck from far away or pay top dollar to get it, just saying it is not my style to trash anyone we just don't have enough info Where I am the gravel tends to have too much clay or lack fine sands for finishing

td25c

cdm123 , The limestone & material are great at the quarry . They have to truck in the sand . The quarry also has a concrete plant located inside it. www.irvmat.com On a very small job I use the Quikrete 80 lb bags ,anything bigger I call the red & white mixer truck .

cdm123

Here our limestone is too soft so have to use gravel imported buy glaciers, just trying to give the guy a fair shot before sayin what your sayin but I think your right.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Yair . . . Just out of curiosity . . . how much cost for a cubic meter (or cubic yard) of 10mm premix. That is to say, half sand half 10mm (3/8") stone. Would it vary much around an area or district?

I reckon I just got stung big time on six meters to make some pavers . . . $155 a cube delivered two kilometers from depot.

Cheers.

Scrub are you casting pavers for sale or for a project? I can't imagine casting your own pavers when they're so cheep to buy.:confused:

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . Crikey I didn't expect this thread to develop. (big grin)

I'm always curious about what things cost in different places . . . I think on this board I have asked about the price of bread and what a steak costs at a truckstop among other things

How it all came about is this . . . our verandas are paved with ugly reddish eight inch by eight inch pavers set in mortar. Ideally I would like to pour concrete over them but due to the height of door openings I am limited to about an inch and a half depth of slab which would be subject to developing cracks.

I had a bit of sand/gravel on hand and in small area did a trial run of "pretend" two foot square pavers cast in place . . . I made up some formwork and basically just poured a long two foot wide slab and divide it into squares. We like the look and hopefully if it cracks it will mostly be along the grout lines. Trouble is the project just got bigger, we like the look of is so much we are doing around the entire house . . . it was just going to be just that one section out the back.

I needed more "premix" (as they call it here) and knew costs $55.00 a meter ex depot in a major town to the south of us. I like to shop local though and although I figured I'd pay a premium I ordered from "local bloke" who has a small concrete plant just down the highway . . . he mixes the stuff to order and delivers in an agitator. I didn't think much about the price I reckoned 80 or 90 bucks a meter maybe even a hundred but, as mentioned the invoice came in at $155.00 and I hit the bloody roof.

I hate having to ask for quotes on minor projects such as just a truck load of sand but that's what it's coming to. I rang another supplier about 85 kilometres north of us and he quoted 600 bucks for an eight cube body load . . . less than half the cubic meter cost of the "local bloke" just one and a half kilometres down the road.

On the strength of that I can't really afford to support local business.

End of rant, I have to go out and mix some concrete. (wry grin)

Cheers.

Last edited:

biggrader

Occupation
Owner/Operator
Not to defend the guy, but always hate it when some guy calls me and asks how much for gravel. tell him $12/yd. "Great" he says " I'll take 2 yds. Deliver it to my house". Sorry buddy but I'm not gonna do that for $24. Costs the same to run the 10 Wheeler with 10yds as 2yds. Those 2yds just became $50/yd

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . Gotcha biggrader, I absolutely agree. I understand prices will be by the truckload . . . that's why I expected to pay a premium, but not double the price of another supplier 85 kilometres away.

I resent having to cross check prices on every transaction. Gravel, steel, aluminium fabrication, nuts and bolts, fasteners, you name it around here it's getting to the stage where you can pay a hefty premium if you don't do your homework.

I sometimes wonder how some of these folks stay in business . . . boom time mentality I guess, they do it because they can.

Cheers.

Last edited: