• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Crawlers I photo'd recently.

Truck Shop

Well here's one that's well said---If someone doesn't like my post and seeing old crap
scrapped---it's simple don't look at it don't read it. Another thread I started, if people
don't like it hit the ignore button. I like seeing that crap getting snipped, it needs to
be snipped, as a matter of fact there to many cars in my neighborhood that are eye
sores, those need to be snipped and the county is finally getting around to enforcing
the codes.:)

Truck Shop

but a pile of I'm going to fix it or just piled up like cord wood is a totally other thing
Yes the project truck,-----first off it's not a project, it's a job. This new age love of class eight trucks
as a hotrod or I need a backhoe too my friend steve and jerry have one each, they are saying I should
get one so we all can go group digging on weekends just like our weekend harley rides.

Welder Dave

You can like a inanimate item-{truck, car, motorcycle and so on}, you can't love it, it has
no feelings it's dead. All that can be said is it is pleasing to look at. With manufacturing
technology in 2024--anything can be mapped and reproduced in nothing flat, and it's
been going on for awhile now, take the tri-5 chevy's, every part/piece can be bought to
reassemble a brand new 1957 chevy, same could be done with a duesenburg. Because
of that nothing is really rare anymore.
There is a outfit that makes all the cab panels for a Kenworth W900 {vintage 1964 to 1982}.
That old crawler being scrapped---it just looks bad to some peoples eyes, can't stand seeing
it snipped--truth is they know why it's getting snipped-it's no longer useful and about 100%
sure the cost of repairs exceeds the it's true value, otherwise it wouldn't be getting cut up.
Folks get way too attached to items and loose sight of what really has value. That old mack
I built I felt bad for about two minutes after it went out of sight, just another hunk of cold
steel. Every time there is some natural disaster, I feel bad for those evolved, but when I
think some so called rare Corvette went airborne in a tornado--nah that piece of overated
plastic can be replicated, so what. And with the amount of millionaires and billionaires this
day and age anything can be bought/reproduced to fit narcissistic/ ego behaviors.
Back when I started drawing and rebuilding old stuff/well times have changed. One reason
I don't draw or haven't or decided not to at this point is everything I do on paper really has
no value except to me {and damn few others}. Living in the age of instant gratification no
one wants what I do--they have a I phone that will capture any image no matter where
they are anytime of the day. For the hours it takes to draw there is no value other than the
satisfaction I might gain---because that goes back to everything has a price and monetary
gain--which leads to--people can't take a breath without thinking about a dollar bill.
Just knowing I have that talent is enough for me.
I think a lot of people really appreciate your skill and love seeing your drawings. You have a talent not many others have. I think you could sell prints of your drawings for good money. I think they would also attract a lot of interest in an art gallery with an automotive theme exhibit. You're one of those people who is so good at something you don't realize just how talented you really are. It's kind of the same as people that are really good at racing motorcycles or a certain sport. Part of the reason they do it is because not a lot of other people can. It just comes natural. It is fantastic when you share your talents with us, whether it's drawings or help with repairing engines/trucks and building custom trucks.

Last edited:

Truck Shop

My back hurts just thing what 4 hrs sitting in the seat would feel like, if I could hear again.
Things like that--are the reason there is a eraser on the end of pencils. It was a concept drawing
that crawled out of the round file and escaped.
Which leads to the reason most early on aviation designers decided to hire a test pilot after
a few died in maiden flights.