• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Critique my website please

lantraxco

Looks professional to me!

Couple opinions:

From my point of view only, I wouldn't put that line at the bottom of the page about "Payment accepted by cash or check" it's kind of off-putting to me. Put it in the fine print, make a point of letting people know when they call for your services that you don't work on credit and you don't accept credit cards. Unless your area is full of deadbeats, no need to put it in neon?

Very minor suggestion, the drop down list of links under the services tag is fine, but if you can on the main services page, put another row under the top menu with buttons for each sub page. I didn't see any links and since Services is your home page, I assumed there weren't any until I accidently moused over the tab. Just a thought.

Well done! :usa

Scrub Puller

Yair . . .

Excellent job Diesel Dan 92, it's user friendly and I like how you are upfront with the pricing . . . the cost estimates for given jobs were a neat touch.

As mentioned by lantraxco I think the terms of payment could be a bit more discrete but I understand your motives.

Cheers.

Diesel Dan 92

Thanks for the comments guys a made a couple changes. lantraxco - I don't know if you realized the service page images are clickable and take you to the sub-pages.

lantraxco

Thanks for the comments guys a made a couple changes. lantraxco - I don't know if you realized the service page images are clickable and take you to the sub-pages.

I did not, thanks for pointing that out... guess my suggestion only applies to sleepy brain dead folks like myself!

Delmer

Nothing wrong with making the information abundantly clear. That applies to the pricing and payment policy also, I don't see anything wrong with clearly stating your terms, you put some prices on a website, which is more than a lot of business websites do, so you might as well make it clear that you don't do credit. Maybe "in God we trust, all others pay cash" or "payment due on completion" or something like that would sound more professional to some people?

Also you have "untilities" misspelled, and you meant a "gambrel roof cow barn" but everybody says hip roof so whatever.

Delmer

Yeah, SAME here. But if it's on a house or garage you know what a hip roof means, different than a gambrel roof.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Nice work. You might add web site construction to your list of services:)

I don't mind the posting of terms up front. Getting paid is a requirement of being in business.

WaterDoc

Occupation
Complete water system disinfection services
Good job on the website. The only thing I can complain about is your phone number. I would like to see it right under your company name on the top of the page.

I have that complaint about a lot of websites in fairness. If you run a retail business your contact information and hours of operation should be clearly displayed on the main page, or better yet on each page.

pburress

Occupation
field service technician
I agree with the phone number being at the top, other than that it looks awesome

Diesel Dan 92

Good job on the website. The only thing I can complain about is your phone number. I would like to see it right under your company name on the top of the page.

I have that complaint about a lot of websites in fairness. If you run a retail business your contact information and hours of operation should be clearly displayed on the main page, or better yet on each page.

Thanks, I'll change that.