• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

"Crusher?"

Cartoondude135

No keyword I use - "cone crusher", "track jaw crusher", "quarry crusher", "crusher trailer", etc yields what I'm seeing here! WHAT KIND OF CRUSHER IS THIS???

First off, (what looks like) a cold planer tears up the road. Next, another cold planer picks up the crushed road chunks and sends it to the "crusher". Third, the "crusher" crushes all the chunks to ensure they're all the same size. Once they're crushed to the same size, the crusher sends the stones to the mixer paver. Fourth, the mixer paver mixes the ground-up road gravel with tar and water from tanker trucks that tag along. Finally, the roller rolls it all flat. - Side question, hoes does the Cold Planer earn it's name? Like, I don't understand the "cold" part of it's name.

So if you know the manufacturer and model of this "crusher" and any other "crushers" out there similar to this, notify me ASAP.

While I'm on this topic of asphalt manufacturing, ever since I set eyes on Bessie from Cars, I've been fascinated in asphalt manufacturing. That "crusher" shown above looks like a perfect downscaled version of this asphalt plant:
Because that "crusher" looks like a mobile version of the asphalt factory shown in this episode and it could be a useful mod in Farming Simulator games. I just need to add some water and tar tanks to make it look more practical in the game.