• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CST/Bergen Lasermark LM800GR repairs?

aczlan

Picked up a CST/Bergen Lasermark LM800GR today for very cheap, it spins up in manual mode, but when you let it try to level it eventually flashes the Manual LED and has the ALD led on solid which (per the manuals I found online) means that the Y Axis is having a problem (I get the middle error in the list below)
upload_2021-11-22_21-27-14.png

While its trying to level, I can hear a humming from that motor, but it doesn't move.
Anyone run into this? Is it a common issue?

Found a parts breakdown at: https://www.partswarehouse.com/CST-Berger-LM800-Self-Leveling-Rotating-Laser-s/326470.htm and it looks like I could buy the drive motor (3/28 on the diagram, Bosch PN: 2610A07457) for $60-80 online
LM800Partsd.png
Should the X and Y cams move when you try to turn them by hand (neither one does)?

Would it be worth trying to talk to the board via the RS-485 serial port first to see if it has any diagnostics or error codes available?

Thanks

Aaron Z

aczlan

Stopped by the local "big, but not a chain" rental place today (their sticker was on the laser) and spoke to their repair guy, they no longer carry this brand as (per him) after Bosch bought CST/Berger the quality went downhill and parts became unavailable.
He sad that both cams should turn by hand, if they will not turn (neither one does, even with some gentle persuasion by a pair of pliers), the motor is likely fried.

Ended up buying a pair of motors from MM Tool Parts ( https://www.mmtoolparts.com/store/bosch-axis-drive-assy-molded-cam2-chamfered-p-2610a07457 ), that should be the whole assembly ready to bolt in. Their salesguy said they have to order them from the factory, it will probably be 2-3 weeks before I see them.

If they turn out to be unavailable, Alibaba appears to carry a similar motor for $6ish (partial part number on the motor appears to be: PG25s-048 which translates to a 25MM diameter, permanent magnet, stepping gear motor, but I cant see how many degrees per step these motors are without taking it all apart), I would just get the Alibaba one, but questionable quality, uncertainty about being able to swap the cams over without breaking them and the hassle have me trying to get the "right parts" first (then I might order the Alibaba motors and rebuild/sell the ones I take out).

Aaron Z