• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

d3g hydraulic test lines

beefmanrdm

have leak in #8 line servicing toward front. can not see what attached to and where. (eyes..age and miles. lol)

beefmanrdm

can not see attachment location and can not find in manuals. can anyone help?

MOD EDIT - moved this post into this thread.

Please only post one topic per thread. It keeps the Forums cleaner and increases the chance of getting help on the problem.

OH Yeah - Welcome to the Forums!

Thanks
CM

Last edited by a moderator:

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Creating multiple threads for the same problem won't necessarily help you to get answers unless you post some basic information such as the tractor Serial Number. There are close to a dozen different models of D3G, not only it would be nice to know which one you have but it also makes searching for information a doddle.........

Is it possible to look on the plate where all the test fittings are located and identify the icon for the line which is leaking.? That might give some indication where it goes.

beefmanrdm

can not see attachment location and can not find in manuals. can anyone help?

MOD EDIT - moved this post into this thread.

Please only post one topic per thread. It keeps the Forums cleaner and increases the chance of getting help on the problem.

OH Yeah - Welcome to the Forums!

Thanks
CM
Creating multiple threads for the same problem won't necessarily help you to get answers unless you post some basic information such as the tractor Serial Number. There are close to a dozen different models of D3G, not only it would be nice to know which one you have but it also makes searching for information a doddle.........

Is it possible to look on the plate where all the test fittings are located and identify the icon for the line which is leaking.? That might give some indication where it goes.
Your funny Nige, model is 3046, serial number is
for the record it was my first post....so even though i am probably older than about anyone on this form i appreciate your help...i need it. thks,
CAT 00D3GCCFC00612

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Your funny Nige, model is 3046, serial number is
for the record it was my first post....so even though i am probably older than about anyone on this form i appreciate your help...i need it. thks,
CAT 00D3GCCFC00612

No worries. :)

Nige

Does the attached help at all.?
According to the T&A test point #8 is for the "Cooling Loop Pressure". There can't be a lot of pressure in that circuit if the gauge required to measure it is only 145psi max.

1711416089072.png

Attachments

• Pressure Test Lines.pdf
    323 KB · Views: 2

beefmanrdm

that is very helpful, but i am trying to determine the physical location of the end of test port 8 line where it attaches to the machine....

Nige

i am trying to determine the physical location of the end of test port 8 line where it attaches to the machine....
And the information is all there.......

My money is on Ref #6 on the attachment I posted earlier, because it fits on to a block in the lines to the powertrain cooler. Here are a couple of snips from the illustrations of the powertrain cooler lines - one from the top, the other from the side. try disconnecting that line and polugging the fitting in "View C-C". What have you got to lose.?

1711419052712.png

1711419015490.png