• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D4H XL problem

mofar

Hi everybody, I am new here . But seriously need a help. I bought one D4H XL in Ghana which sleep somewhere for almost 15 years . We changed the engine and almost all the hydraulic pipe and start running very well. But after 5 or 6 hours work stop reverse in right chain and 2 minutes later forward also stop moving . Only one side , left was moving normal. We opened final drive and control valve and changed seals .but still is same . I am in Africa and no good mekanik here . Please help me .my WhatsApp 00233501863670

JAJ

Occupation
Owner operator of small fleet
Hi mofar, welcome to the forum.
Hi everybody, I am new here . But seriously need a help. I bought one D4H XL in Ghana which sleep somewhere for almost 15 years . We changed the engine and almost all the hydraulic pipe and start running very well. But after 5 or 6 hours work stop reverse in right chain and 2 minutes later forward also stop moving . Only one side , left was moving normal. We opened final drive and control valve and changed seals .but still is same . I am in Africa and no good mekanik here . Please help me .my WhatsApp 00233501863670
The first thing you will need is a serial number for your machine. People on here will be able to look up that number and know how your machine was built by caterpillar.
It sounds like you have a steering related problem if it is only one side.
I have a D6H and they can have diff steer or steering clutches and brakes. I am not sure what options the D4h have.

JAJ

Occupation
Owner operator of small fleet
sounds like steering clutches and seals
Yeah that’s what I was thinking too. I don’t think the D4h has the option of diff steer did they?
The other thought I had was if it’s been sitting for 15 years it might even be as simple as a stuck linkage or valve spool.
The OP said they looked at control valve so that may have all been checked already…