• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6c 74A at work

LG 78

Hi all just thought id post a couple of photos of my latest project
74A going very well such an awesome machine to operate
Just wish I had mt D7 17A final drive fixed so one of the Kids could help shift the dirt...
The whole gully will be filled and pond drained to create a nice wide valley

Attachments

• gully.jpg
    gully.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 91
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 90
  • cut.jpg
    cut.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 91

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
Looks like the 74A that was for sale on Trademe about a year ago down New Plymouth way ??
It had a cable scoop with it;. Would have been alot easier moving dirt with that.
What happened with your 17A final drive ? Used to be alot of them around nz that would have been wrecked, be abit harder to find 2nd hand parts now.

LG 78

Gidday Merv Yeah thats the Machine had it for about 18 to 24 months now
If you look in the background of the first photo youll see the scoop by the top soil
The push is just short enough with the blade
smashed a tooth off the intermediate gears on the 17A but I have just dismantled another one and got gears out of her and Priceright in Rotorua have been excellent in supplying the seals and bearings
Even found a couple of new brake drums for not to bad a price

Vetech63

Hi all just thought id post a couple of photos of my latest project
74A going very well such an awesome machine to operate
Just wish I had mt D7 17A final drive fixed so one of the Kids could help shift the dirt...
The whole gully will be filled and pond drained to create a nice wide valley
I see a perfect spot for my RV.

LCA078

Those are very nice pics. Great scenery and great work out of a classic piece of iron. Thanks for sharing.

LG 78

Hi all got a couple of over view pics
The gully is now full to where the water ;ine is on the old pond

Attachments

• before.png
    before.png
    941.2 KB · Views: 39
  • may 2023.png
    may 2023.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
  • 20240201_082946.jpg
    20240201_082946.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 38

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
That's a lot of expense in bulk dirt shifting to just level off a piece of ground?

What are you doing with the levelled ground, that will pay for all that dirt re-alignment?

LG 78

Sorry thought I had replied
Land is very expensive where we are so just making what we've got the best it can be
I have driven round that gully for 45 years and got sick of it and the tractors enjoy being worked nothing like the smell of diesel and freshly cut dirt
I will be able to crop the land once complete which will add $$$ if we ever sell it as well

.RC.

Over here land is that expensive it is virtually impossible for someone to borrow enough to buy a living area and have that area provide a living for the person and pay off the loan.

They are not making any more land, and in fact the way the government has carried on over the past thirty years, locking up land and restricting what people can do with it, there is less land available. Then there are the rich affluent crowd who just want a lifestyle block and pay even bigger money as they do not have to make money off it.

JAJ

Occupation
Owner operator of small fleet
Over here land is that expensive it is virtually impossible for someone to borrow enough to buy a living area and have that area provide a living for the person and pay off the loan.

They are not making any more land, and in fact the way the government has carried on over the past thirty years, locking up land and restricting what people can do with it, there is less land available. Then there are the rich affluent crowd who just want a lifestyle block and pay even bigger money as they do not have to make money off it.
Ain’t that the truth!!!!!!
Do you have “Carbon Farming” around your area as well pushing prices up?