• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Damn you, Milwaukee

Shimmy1

I originally bought this to pump out fuel tanks on equipment that I needed to get #1 fuel into before winter. HOWEVER, this week I discovered that it will pump hydraulic oil as easily as fuel, and it will pump about 40 gallons of TDTO 50 before it gets hot. Yesterday, I pumped 58 gallons of 10W-40 on one 12 ah battery. I have used it twice now to pump hydraulic reservoirs right into a used oil barrel. Both times there was less than a gallon left to drain through the plug. Then, pump a half gallon of diesel to flush, and when it picks up the new hydraulic, a quart goes to waste, and 40 gallons later the tank is full of new oil. I have never changed hydraulic or final drive oil so easily. I don't know how long the pump itself will last pumping oil, but you can change to a new impeller in about 5 minutes, or so the guys on Agtalk say.

th-3683049647.jpg

Welder Dave

I originally bought this to pump out fuel tanks on equipment that I needed to get #1 fuel into before winter. HOWEVER, this week I discovered that it will pump hydraulic oil as easily as fuel, and it will pump about 40 gallons of TDTO 50 before it gets hot. Yesterday, I pumped 58 gallons of 10W-40 on one 12 ah battery. I have used it twice now to pump hydraulic reservoirs right into a used oil barrel. Both times there was less than a gallon left to drain through the plug. Then, pump a half gallon of diesel to flush, and when it picks up the new hydraulic, a quart goes to waste, and 40 gallons later the tank is full of new oil. I have never changed hydraulic or final drive oil so easily. I don't know how long the pump itself will last pumping oil, but you can change to a new impeller in about 5 minutes, or so the guys on Agtalk say.

View attachment 286071
That would be super handy and easy to carry around.

WaterDoc

Occupation
Complete water system disinfection services
Been using swivel impact sockets for the last decade. Sure glad for the lifetime warranty because my 17 and 19 mm ones need to get replaced once or twice a year.

I've had one of these on my 1/2" impact for the last couple years and it's the best thing ever. Bought a couple more but haven't gotten around to putting them on my 3/8" impact or die grinders yet.View attachment 277820
I have a good quality Mac or Snap-On swivel on the end of all my air hoses. I find them useful for most every air tool.

View attachment 286071
We use these pumps for draining watermain risers and hydrants in cold weather. These things last forever. Probably get 1k hours per impeller in water.

This is a new toy I picked up a few weeks ago.

2565-20_1.webp

1/2" drive impact ratchet.

Does 220ft/lbs with a M12 battery. This is just what was needed for MJ bolts on risers left too close to the ground to get a regular impact on. No chipping asphalt or Ufill.

On a personal note, my favourite red indulgence is this

2527-20_1.png

6" pruning saw. No more breaking sticks over my knee.

crane operator

At the quarry today they had a battery 1" milwaukee with the extended anvil. Tearing apart a cone crusher, so a lot of big bolts worked in tight with limestone dust. After the second battery change and waiting for another one to charge, they pulled over the service truck with the gas compressor and the big air gun. Which did the trick.

I did give the mechanic a bunch of crap about the battery gun pooching out. He said he can typically do 12 tires on and off a dump truck with one battery, which I thought was pretty good.

Not good enough for me to spend that kind of $$$ and still have to have my air compressor and big gun, but I'm thinking about it.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
I was checking out the Dewalt 1/2" impact on the Mac truck the other day. Yeah at over $700 on sale I'll pass. I can buy two Aircats for that price and have enough leftover for a 6-pack.

JD955SC

I was checking out the Dewalt 1/2" impact on the Mac truck the other day. Yeah at over $700 on sale I'll pass. I can buy two Aircats for that price and have enough leftover for a 6-pack.

Buying battery tools off any tool truck is usually a bad deal.

The Cornwell and Matco trucks here both sell Milwaukee. A 3/8 and 1/2 impact plus two batteries combo is around the $500 mark through normal retail channels.

The same combo off the Cornwell truck is $900+

Camshawn

Occupation
retired
I like the battery impact because I can open the drawer, pull it out and pound out the nuts. No waiting for the compressor, no unwinding, winding up the air lines. I do not do a lot any more so the battery life has not been an issue for me. Cam

Welder Dave

The battery tools are convenient but you pay a lot for that convenience. If you use them a lot they're worth it.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Buying battery tools off any tool truck is usually a bad deal.

The Cornwell and Matco trucks here both sell Milwaukee. A 3/8 and 1/2 impact plus two batteries combo is around the $500 mark through normal retail channels.

The same combo off the Cornwell truck is $900+
I'm also talking Canadian Pesos too.

Nice thing about Dewalt is they share batteries with Mac. I'll probably wait until my Milwaukee stuff kicks the bucket. Its all pushing 15 years old now. The batteries are still holding charge decently but the drill needs another new chuck. Once the batteries start to crap out I'll probably bundle it all up and take it to the auction house.

materthegreater

I don't understand why the batteries can't be charged when they're cold. I have to warm them up in the house for a few minutes before the charger will charge them.

PeterG

Occupation
Landscape Construction, General Contractor
I have the Milwaukee 18V heat gun. Works great for removing and applying stickers and electrical heat shrink out in the field. I have a Porter cable electric heat gun that works even better. Favorite Milwaukee 18V tools over the drill/drivers and impact tools I have, is the one handed big sawzall. Use that to limb branches, cut metal and plastic pipe, wood, and steel. Also the 18V shop vac and leaf blower make cleaning up the shop fast. Of course not as good as my big rolling Rigid shop vac and Stihl backpack blower, but makes that part of the job less time consuming.

materthegreater

I have the heat gun too, sometimes I have to use it to warm up batteries before I can charge them! I keep my M18 hackzall in the truck for cutting drain pipe, branches etc. It shares a battery with the grease gun.

Welder Dave

We have a rechargeable mower, not a Milwaukee but you can't put it on the charger right away after it goes dead. You have to wait 10 to 15 minutes until it will charge.