• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Damper case vent blowing oil

Dentman73

I have a komatsu pc88mr-8, damper case vent blows oil when running then drops to idle in auto idle mode. This problem just began I've never noticed this before. Any ideas??

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I have not been into a PC88 but I have also never known there to be a vent on a damper case. You should follow that hose down to were ever it goes to be sure of what it vents.

If it is the damper case, the pump will have to come out of the machine and the input shaft resealed. You should also install a new rear main seal on the engine.

Dentman73

Thanks John C. For the response. I have traced it to the damper case and researched all my manuals and I think your suggestions are likely what I need to do. I suspect the rear main because I'm losing some engine oil and that's what looks like coming out of vent