• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

david brown tractors

cat 385

anybody here have one?i spent a lot of time when i was a kid on a 990 and 1210 david brown tractors also wore out the left fender on the 1210 riding around with grandpa in the field,ha,ha i would love to restore a 990 one day:drinkup

cat 385

this one picterd here looks like the one we had was i was young

Attachments

• 8427emi_20.jpg
    8427emi_20.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 904
  • 47309e3_20.jpg
    47309e3_20.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 544

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
We have a DB 990 sitting in the shed back home. I was told its one of the last red DB's to hit the area. It's a clumsy tractor to get onto for me, but once your there its the most comfortable old little tractor to run. I love the old 990.

She has an old loader frame on her, when I was young the loader had a trip bucket but now.... nothing. I have been wanting to pull that stupid frame off for years... but no dice. As of yet :D

Attachments

• DSC00976Small.jpg
    DSC00976Small.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 413

Johnny English

Occupation
Contracts manager, Civil Engineering contractor
I seem to recall that David Browns originated in Lincolnshire, England just down the road from us, Don't know how right that is though. We have loads around us, just been to look a some work at a blokes farm today and he has the biggest collection of david browns in the country and runs the david brown owners club in the UK.