• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deas New Ride

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
I dug these up for Deas. I was wondering if anybody might recognise the Make/model.

Attachments

• new_Image 0005.jpg
    new_Image 0005.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 3,021
  • new_Image 0011.jpg
    new_Image 0011.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 3,007
  • new_Image 0013.jpg
    new_Image 0013.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 3,016

surfer-joe

Got me on the dozer, really doesn't resemble an American brand that I've ever seen.

The piece behind it looks maybe like an International or Farmall, or maybe a Huber or Huber Warco. Lets see, Schram made a few compressor tractors that resembled it too.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Heya!..whtazza Matta with a yousa??...yoouse gunna be ina BBiiiGGG Trouble wenna Boss man eears yousa a calla hisa tractor uza Holdena.. Capice!

:lmao at Squizzy's "Al Capone" impersonation. :drinkup

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
Well i mean Fiat made construction equipment in the old days.:)
(before the allis came around)
And i didn't look it up in Google.;)

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
No more takers??..Ok

I haven't had a chance to research this maker but here is the plate:

Attachments

• new_Image 0007.jpg
    new_Image 0007.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 2,945

surfer-joe

So, which is it it squizzy, a Fiat with an Alpha motor, or a plain Alpha Romero? My Italian isn't so good these days, eyes are going bad you know....

If I'm seeing that tag right, it was made in September 1941. Would that be correct? The fuel injection system looks very modern.

Italian machinery was never a very good seller here in the states, still isn't. After Fiat bought into AC, then ran the company completely into the ground, they weren't too popular around Milwaukee.

Last edited:

surfer-joe

squizzy, do you get down to the The Azelia Ley Homestead Museum and the Old Wagon House very often?

surfer-joe

I'm a natural born detective around equipment squizzy. I used my magnifying glass on the sign-board in front of the dozer, I knew you were down under, I googled the city, looked for tourist attractions, and there it was.

I never got over to WA, it looks a bit nice. Might still make it one of these days if I live long enough, or finally get so tired of democrats here that I immigrate.

surfer-joe

Here's a job opening for you squizzy.
=============================================
Hello surfer-joe

Thank you for your enquiry.

We do not have any additional information available at the moment. There is some work being done to develop 'background' information on each piece of equipment over the next twelve months.

If you have a specific item(s) that you are interested in obtaining further information on please send me the details and we can check to see if we can assist.

Kind regards

Logan

Logan K Howlett
Secretary
Historical Society of Cockburn Inc.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Lol, Joe, If I had Jeff's machinery I could change my business name from Cockburn Stoneworks to Cockburn Historical Machinery:rolleyes: :D

They actually have a very good display of smaller equipment in a shed right next to those machines....even an old fire truck. I love this old machinery. You have to respect the people that operated it in all sorts of conditions...and much more trying times than we now live.

Deas Plant

Thanks For the Thought, Squizzy.

Hi, Squizzy.
Thanks for the thought and the photos, Mate. I picked it as soon as I saw the first photo. They made 3 models that I know of, the TCA60, the TCA70 and the AF8. I have yet to see any of them 'in the flesh'.

Thanks again.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Deas, Did you ever speak to someone who actually operated one of these Italian Stallions??...I was wondering what they were like. My Dad ran all manner of the early Cat crawlers and we had some Italian neighbours who had an Ansaldo. I think it ran up until the late 70's. I'm pretty sure I could locate a couple down the SW.