• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Decision on a miniex, opinions between choices

mjpetersen

Occupation
missionary independent baptist
The market here is not like in the states, for me unfortunately. There is even a high demand for the kind of infrastructure and installation work associated with a boomtime. The city where I am starting a church has just put in miles of city sewer lines and everybody now needs to do their part and hook up to it. The new houses and apartments are going in by the scores as people move out of Warsaw to the outlying areas. Prices of land has skyrocketed and all the building has placed huge demands on the ability of the service units to keep up.

Of course right now things are down and everything is frozen up. And prices a a little lower than they will be at the end of March.:rolleyes: I have an inherent distrust of dealers, knowing that they buy low, do minimum work and sell high. The Yanmar that is in the first pictures with a cab is about 4 hours away and for sale by an individual, so I thought that I would check this one out that is only about an hour away.

Mike

Anto Modded

Occupation
Excavator Driver
Would you import a machine, cause in ireland there are loads of good machines around. Im sure allowing for shipping it might pay off. I seen a new 1.7 ton hitachi with a full cab, hitch , 4 bucets and a breaker for 12500 euro. I know your budget is different but there is good buys out there

Iron Man

Bobcat

I'm voting for Bobcat.

Attachments

• item_39055_webimage_1.jpg
    item_39055_webimage_1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 297
  • item_39055_webimage_6.jpg
    item_39055_webimage_6.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 301
Last edited by a moderator:

Anto Modded

Occupation
Excavator Driver
Thats a 2.5 - 3.5 tonner..............is he not after a smaller machine. Nice machine, the boom arm looks like a 75 urv arm scaled down

mjpetersen

Occupation
Yea that looks like a beast. My search is for a 1.5 ton machine. I would not have the ability to tow something that big.:eek: Talk about the tail wagging the dog! I will find one that I can afford and that work for me. It is not going to be my living, but rather a part time, when I have time thing. I do not mind fixing something, but not everytime all the time.:Banghead :rolleyes:

I would not mind importing something, but distance is a concern. I would not want to drive all over Europe looking at machines. I have only checked the one machine out closely--I have a few more on my short list to check out so we will see. There are more that come available everyday. A Yanmar B12 was listed for the first time yesterday but clear over by Germany--7-8 hours away! Not so easy to just pop in and check it out.

Mike

strott

Occupation
Mini Excavator and dumper operator
I dont think the Yanmar B12 doesn't has servo controls where as the B17 you've pictured does - so if they are a must for you then bear that in mind!!

mjpetersen

Occupation
I dont think the Yanmar B12 doesn't has servo controls where as the B17 you've pictured does - so if they are a must for you then bear that in mind!!

I am going to show my ignorance here:eek:, but here goes anyway. This is the way that you learn right?

The servo controls means that the controls are electronic rather than mechanical linkage? I have done a bit of searching but I cannot find the difference between the older style Yanmars B-12, B-14, and B-17. I believe that the B-17 had a 2 speed drive, but beyond that I do not know what the differences are. Does anyone know of a source for that kind of information?

Mike

Anto Modded

Occupation
Excavator Driver
Servo is the joystick controls, under the joystick is 4 hydraulic hoses, where as the older levers where mechanical, worked on rods that wint back to the valve chest. Thats my understanding of this...............Hope im right

strott

Occupation
I am not entirely sure on the exact difference on the older yanmar mini's but from what I have worked out:

The Yanmar B12 is the base spec mini, short boom/dipper combination, no servo controls.

The B14 had servo controls and possibly a bigger boom/dipper and maybe more power output than the B12.

The B17 looks to have a larger boom/dipper than the B12/B14, servo controls and as you say 2 speed tracking - no doubt this machine had an uprated engine/pump to provide the best power/breakout force of the 3 mini's in the 1.5 ton range

gpap123

Occupation
Civil Engineer - Contructor
Servo is the joystick controls, under the joystick is 4 hydraulic hoses, where as the older levers where mechanical, worked on rods that wint back to the valve chest. Thats my understanding of this...............Hope im right

i agree with you.

strott

Occupation
i agree with you.

Yep I believe that is right - although some joystick/non servo machines are cable operated which is where the bottom of the joystick is connected to the valves on the valve block by a cable instead of being directly attached to the valve block.