• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere's Quad dozer a must see!!!

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
More like a big leap, not much faith, just blind leap.

alco

More like a big leap, not much faith, just blind leap.

I don't know why you think it was a blind leap. They said they put together a group of contractors and asked them to come up with a machine they would like to see, and the group came up with this. I certainly wouldn't call that a blind leap.

heavylift

I just watch the Deere promo video on the Deere site.... It was basically playing in nice loose dirt....

I would like to see it cut ginnies or bluetops...

TimHay

Occupation
Self employed
I think this will be a pretty good machine. especially if it can pe utilized year round
I would be worried about the travel speed being a bite slow

scfinc

Occupation
Used Equipment Funding
very interesting

i've never seen anything like it. would like to see in person.

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
Hey guys!! Let's face it. The Jury is Still Out on this one. I don't see that this will ever be an all purpose dozer where you can take it out and throw anything and everything at it and expect it to survive. AND we all know that there are people that will do just that.

alco

The point is.....and some people just don't seem to get it.....this machine was never designed or intended to be an all purpose dozer. Of course there will be people trying to do things with it, you can say the same with any machine.

Let's face it, if you take a one ton pick up, put a little utility dump box on it and then try to haul 50 tons of shot rock per trip with it, is it going to handle it and survive? Of course not. Now, does that make the truck a piece of junk? Only if it's a Ford.....but seriously, no, it doesn't.

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
You are exactly right except for the Ford part, at least up until the quit the 7.3 liter Powerstrokes.

Around here since this is not a big operation I don't have the luxury, desire or need to buy every speciality machine that comes down the pike. Instead I look for good value in a Cat machine that can serve multiple purposes, or as the "jargin of today" a machine that can "multi-task." GOD, I hate that term!!!!!

alco

Yeah, the Ford part was just in fun....although we have found they seem to fall apart at work. Not to mention the back problems attributed to their oh so nice ride.

Seriously though, this machine is not going to be for everybody, it definitely is a specialty machine, but that's how it was designed. It won't fit the bill for everyone, but for some, it will be a great addition. I can think of many situations where we could have used it. Of course, I can also think of many situations that it would not be feasible to use it in at all. It depends on what kind of work you are doing.

cummins05

I think it would work great for plowing snow around wells

just dont know about the purchase price a used case quad track and blade might work good to

TimHay

Occupation
Self employed
I all ready use a deere with a 14' 6 way, it is great.
I hoped the tracster i could use year round.

Just think i could NOT bring myself to own/run a case, other then a skiddteer

cummins05

Im sure they would be great for laying road base. they look top heavy to me ? I dunno just my 2 cents

catman650

Occupation
maint man for aschool system
wonder if mr melrose met with this much bad mouthin back when he made the frist skid steer loader , bet he did , bet he still laughs about it now in his grave , i no expert but ive worked on equipment all my life ,aint none of it cheap anit none of it great either , allway like the look on people faces when i price cat parts to , looks like they just got kicked in the nads , dont bragg to much boys they all break , and i dought deere will go under with this little machine either , wait and see best idea , :drinkup