• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

deutz-allis tractors

ac45

Most are good tractors, they have low resale value though,, parts are available through agco, but can be pricey. a comparable 10 year older allis chalmers will bring the same money as a newer deutz allis. AC peoplewant the tried and true orange, but for the money the green ones are a good value.

Malmac

Check the banjo bolt that connects the fuel hose to the bottom of the fuel tank. These bolts can block with rust etc and not allow enough fuel through.
Regards,
Malmac

bill onthehill

They are not against them but most do run steel wheels on them. My neighbors have several older farmalls with steel wheels. they use it to tow the baler to the field but use horses and a loader to gather the hay and fork it into the baler. they are not allowed rubber tires of their own but have no problem riding around on them. they run grinders and silage blowers with the old wide belt setup. Never see them pulling wagons with the tractor. The boys next door like it when I bale with my New Holland with a kicker. they stay on the wagon and stack it and then help me put mine in the barn for baling theirs. They run their elevators with a honda motor. balers also have hondas.

OneWelder

I had a good friend and customer who would buy old implements and resell to the Amish- Mennonite from what he told me each community or group is different . Some have cars, phones, etc. While others will have one phone in the community for emergences. Some paint all chrome black on cars -others still run horse and buggy
My Nephew lives outside of Harrisburg, He gets frustrated with some of them as he says anything they do not feel like doin GOD Tells them not to.