• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

DH4 hydrolic problem need help!

po0ns

well i got my dads DH4 from him and ive been doing miscelanious things around the house i was pushing some dirt with the blade when i hear a POP i look up and the bucket was pushed up against the bank. now the bucket arm wont extend it will raise lower go left right and the bucket will curl in and out but the arm attached to the bucket will not move. the hydrolic line moves like it wants too but nothing happens. any help will be greatly apprciated.
-Andy

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
Welcome!

Is one of the metal lines for the hydraulic circuit of the arm pinched from the impact? It would allow all the other functions to work fine, but not the arm. That's easy enough to check so I would start there.

po0ns

okay, goign to look now

thanks for the welcome!
all the hoses are good i just double checked. do you think it could have blown a seal or something inside the hydrolic ram?

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
It's possible. If that's what happened, it was probably getting ready to go anyway, since they are made to take a lot of pressure.

po0ns

yeah

it is pretty tired rig, shes a good ol rig though it tore my yard up and it was a blast. thing is smooth as hell when you get the levers down and the blade down. just wish they made it to where you could see the blade on the right side lol... my dads a heavy equipment mechanic for a living hes on vacation just kinda seeing what im gonna have to tell him when i break the news roflol, was hoping it would be an easier fix. i can do your most common mechanics on cars ive changed trannys motors ect, never got into hydrolics though.

well im probably gonna be tearing it apart. damn.

-Andy

Last edited: