• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Diesel Conversion for a small car

lilbandit20

hey I'm not sure where this would fit in so i thought that the trucks would be close.
i have a small 91 cavalier and the gas engine is going out the door on me, i am a big fan of diesel power and would like to swap out that crap gas for a sweet diesel. i wasn't sure what would be the best for my application. i was looking at a small 3 cylinder turbo kuboda or something similar. any one have any ideas or recommendations? :beatsme

heavylift

I saw a vega with a perkins in it... it was out of a reefer unit...

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Do you have to submit to emission testing? If not it would be an interesting project.

FSERVICE

yanmar 3 cyl in a cavilar in southern indiana i have seen it dont know the details about it

lilbandit20

no i live outside of emissions testing so that is not a worry of mine. when i first got the idea i was thinking a 3 cyl perkins but then thought a turbo charged kubota might give me a little more power.
the biggest roadblock i fore see is how to bolt the engine block to the transmission.