• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Diesel Engine Compression tester advice/suggestions.

Deere456

I work as a Heavy Duty Mechanic and I'm just now starting at a shop that does alot of engine repair. I've also got my own heavy equipment and truck.
I'm gonna need to compression test a Cat C-12 in my own truck so i'll need an adapter for that to start.

Does anyone have suggestions about a good compression tester kit to buy that has adapters to deal with all the major engine types and platforms?

mikebramel

I was going to buy the Star/Kasten/Matco master set. Which is around $350 on line. But I needed it the same day so picked up the Harbor Freight for $100 something. It works pretty good. The fittings are something else so if you want to adapt to them you will need to find what style they are or have a 1/4" npt tap and die LOL

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
I've never seen a compression tester for unit injectors. There's no glow plugs on a c12 either.

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
Well that looks dandy. Probably pricey too?