• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Diesel Prices!!!!

triaxle

Occupation
CEO Mid-sized Grading Company
off road fuels for construction tools

the reason off road fuels exist is to service farm and construction industry equipment.
Some months our off road fuel expenses exceed 6k and we are only a small company.
it is entirely appropriate to use off road fuels in any construction equipment even if that equipment is operating on a road ( in most states, the construction nature of the machine outweighs the tag issues.)
If in doubt call the maintenance shack for your county and ask, or the DOT and Public safety and the tag bureau.

In some areas, off road fuel is only available in high sulphur format. I don't understand why since no diesel engine manufactured in or imported into the US since 1984 burns high sulphur fuels.

More fuel testing programs have appeared recently. Years ago, Missouri was the only state that tested fuels with any regularity. I have over two million miles experience and I have been tested only once.
There is no reason for any fuel inspector or agent to be concerned in any way with the fuel in your construction equipment unless it is leaking out.

Since the off road stuff is about $.50 a gallon cheaper, available at your distributor and even some convenience marts, if you have a tank the distributor can bring it to your site, do yourself a favor, forget you ever put a drop of highway fuel in a construction machine, it was a boo boo.

If you are operating anything without insurance, I suggest you watch "Caddyshack" again, pay special attention to the preacher playing golf...
most contractor insurance packages have a liability umbrella policy, protect yourself, if you work around utilities, raise the amount of the policy.

Best Regardz,