• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dig/Clean up bucket

BulldozerRay

Occupation
Equipment Operator/Driller
Finally have a machine coming... it's a 06 JD 410G with ex hoe and 4in1 loader bucket( I'll post pics soon) It's got a 36" Wain Roy XLS digging bucket with a cutting edge welded to the teeth. I figure they do this to make it a clean up bucket. It seems like that would be a little strange to use compared to a tradition clean up bucket, like I've used on excavators. I plan on buying a good used 18" WR XLS digging bucket to use as my primary digger. It's very rocky with hard packed clay in my area. Any ideas or comments?

Deere John

Occupation
Professional Forester
North Bay isn't much different ground - the digging is hard enough. An 18" would let you open up the worst ground, and then the 36" would let that 410 bail and backfill pretty quick. Sounds reasonable.

Get a HD model bucket though - that machine will pull a standard bucket apart pretty quickly.