• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Do you used battery powered tools?

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
Efforts to have my truck damaged by weather are once again in vain. Got a "deluge" of rain and wind, but no limbs, branches, blowing debris, hail, or anything else detrimental.

I'll try again later.

oarwhat

Needing a new truck, I put both of my Harbor Freight 20V lithium battery chargers for the impact wrenches and 18V Milwaukee for the portable grease gun under the seat of my Dodge and plug them in. Damn the luck, I can't get that truck to burn down no matter what???
Been there. We had a tandem dump that was a nightmare. Always something wrong with it. One morning a driver left the shop and it started smoking. Being a smart guy he hammered it back to the shop and took off in another dump.
My brother shows up early and puts the fire out. WHY would he do that??

That evening it started on fire again when we were all gone. The son of the 90 year old lady behind our shop just happened to be visiting. He calls the fire dept and they put it out. Insurance paid to rebuilt it but it was still a bad truck.

He only visits like one a month and my brother never goes in early.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
The old Dodge continues to soldier on for me although it's useful service life, (or need) is far in the past. I can't pull with it any longer as the frame is too weak to sustain the stresses, but it still runs well. Using a one ton dually with V-10 engine is kinda silly to use as a commuter vehicle, but it's been paid for since new and not driving near what I used to, the economy is not a large contributor to operational expenses. Insurance is cheap in comparison to something newer also with the same coverages.

Been looking for a chassis to repower with as the Cummins engines are so popular for other uses, but no luck as of yet. Mine is rusted so badly I can't graft the front, or rear to something else.