• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Does anyone have a 16" bucket that will fit a Case CX50B near Western Iowa?

Jbullfrog

I have a footing job for a garage and they are wanting 16" footings. It's in 3' of fill so digging with a smaller bucket and making them wider isn't a good option. I have a Werk-Brau pin grabber setup for 1-3/4 pins on 9" centers and 6-1/8" wide between the ears.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Is this for a monolithic foundation? If the material is "fill" which at least here would mean some kind of pit run type material (rocky dirt also called structural fill). If fill means the same thing, then digging with a smaller bucket is better if you want to keep the concrete overage to a min and important on monolithic pours. The last monolithic pour I dug (storage units) was in pitrun type material (about 6" minus). I dug it with a 12" bucket and I netted a 16" wide trench which was what they wanted. Had I dug it with a 16" bucket I would have been 20" wide do to the rock. If your fill is nothing but dirt/clay with few rocks, and when you dig in with a 16" bucket and you can stay in that width that works great and is an easy day. Good luck finding a 16" wide bucket. I am not sure why digging it with a 12" and digging it wider isn't a good option?

Jbullfrog

My thumb is on the main pin of my coupler. It is 14" wide. I use an adapter to couple onto loader backhoe buckets. My 12" bucket is from a 580SL. With the coupler, it is 38" to the teeth, so i can drag my pin thru the top of the trench and get 42" deep with the top slightly wider then 14".

This is mostly clay dirt that was hauled in to build it up. There are no rocks, but it has been dry for 3 weeks, so it is hard and soft, with clods that will dig like rocks. I'm hoping it will rain before i have to dig there.

I'm in Iowa and digging a foundation for a garage. We have to be 4' in the ground with the footing and then they are pouring a knee wall that the garage will be framed on.