• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Don't do this , peterbilt hood spring

walkerv

Could have been worse , only time it hurt bad was on removal . Didnt bleed and was only tender for a couple of days afterwords

Attachments

• 20230208_163452.jpg
    20230208_163452.jpg
    767.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 20230208_162920.jpg
    20230208_162920.jpg
    867.6 KB · Views: 85

Truck Shop

Hood springs are to be removed with someone holding the hood tilted towards cab. Not the first
wound I've seen from removing hood springs. Normally it's several huge blood blisters from getting
pinched between the coils. Sorry you got hurt.

walkerv

Hood springs are to be removed with someone holding the hood tilted towards cab. Not the first
wound I've seen from removing hood springs. Normally it's several huge blood blisters from getting
pinched between the coils. Sorry you got hurt.
Im used to macks i can undo those no problem they are wimpy . I have now learned the hard way petes are a 2 person job no matter what . I was lucky as it really doesnt hurt and is not impending my work at all just have to keep a nitrile glove on that hand so as to keep the puncture pount clean .

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
Same as Truck Shop I've been pinched , but never impaled. That only happens once, ya gotta prop the hood on something to lessen the tension. A forklift and a mudflap or pallet work great and are adjustable. I'm thinking lesson learned for everyone who sees those photos, maybe.