• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Door dimensions on Kenworth T800

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
Hi all, my fire department just ordered a Kenworth T800 tanker and i need to find out what we have for useable space on the passenger side door for our lettering. My companie's T800 dump doesn't have the bottom peep window but this tanker will, so I was wondering if anyone on here was close to a T800 with a peep window and could measure the space we have to work with, I tried to imagine it on our T800 dump and it looks like very limited space will be left between the peep window and the bottom of the real window....thanks

John

chipsearthworks

Occupation
self employed
F550 i will check with my friend whos a former capt with station 5 in shelton they have a kenworth t800 tanker ( at least i think it is a T800 ) and let you know what the doors deminshens are,it might not be till over the weekend but i will try to get them to you. Okay?

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
thanks, i just looked on the KW website but no help...the "daylight" window or whatever it is called looks huge on the passenger door, sucks that is standard now, gonna makes the lettering weird, oh well....thanks

SunServicesLLC

Ill look at one of mine tom and let you know I do know that it is alot smaller space than all my other trucks, in terms of how big the logo could be
Brian

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
its a T800SH, C13 at 410 hp, w/ the Ally, 18k front, 46k rears, aluminum wheels......builder is 4Guys, we almost went with US Tanker but we didn't like the distributer, tank is 3000 gal ellp., 1000gpm Hale Q-pack, L.E.D light package.....and of course, a Q!

SunServicesLLC

2004550 do you have a fax number it will be easier to send you a little drawing of the door w/ dimensions
Brian

itsgottobegreen

2004F550 said:
its a T800SH, C13 at 410 hp, w/ the Ally, 18k front, 46k rears, aluminum wheels......builder is 4Guys, we almost went with US Tanker but we didn't like the distributer, tank is 3000 gal ellp., 1000gpm Hale Q-pack, L.E.D light package.....and of course, a Q!
No body builds a nicer tanker than 4 guys. Our next department up from us, has a 3500 gallon freightshaker 1500gpm pump 4 guys tanker. They love it. I wish we had one.

chipsearthworks

Occupation
self employed
2004F550 said:
thanks, i just looked on the KW website but no help...the "daylight" window or whatever it is called looks huge on the passenger door, sucks that is standard now, gonna makes the lettering weird, oh well....thanks

f550 i check into those deminsions and evedentaly the do not have a T800 i do not know what they have but the past capt (who is a friend of mine)states it is not a t-800, have no clue then what it could be because it sures as hell looks like a T800 but i do not get to see it up close to much. I am sorry i could not help you out.

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
The sign shop that does your graphics should have it. If not it is avalable from there supplier as a templet.

Rob

Charter Member
chipsearthworks said:
f550 i check into those deminsions and evedentaly the do not have a T800 i do not know what they have but the past capt (who is a friend of mine)states it is not a t-800, have no clue then what it could be because it sures as hell looks like a T800 but i do not get to see it up close to much. I am sorry i could not help you out.

Chip,
Not sure what it is, but it doesn't have the daylight window anyway. Here's a link to it. White Hills Tanker

chipsearthworks

Occupation
self employed
Rob said:
Chip,
Not sure what it is, but it doesn't have the daylight window anyway. Here's a link to it. White Hills Tanker

Yep thats the one I thought it had a window on the door,? :beatsme , Oh well guess thats what happens when you are a member of station 1 downtown you do not go up in the woods very often. :bouncegri .

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
Thats a nice truck...I wish we got a heavier front end with the 425 floats....I hate skinny tires...oh well...thats what happens when you leave the specing to ppl who don't know....thanks for the help everyone

SunServicesLLC

You like the floats huh? All but one of my trucks have em and i can't notice the difference at all while on the road. The one without has the heavier rated tires as they all have 20k rated front ends. I just hate forking the cash out when they need replacing. At least 200 more a tire than the truck without em.
Brian
They do look better though!!!

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
yea they seem better on our trucks that Ive delt with... I dunno, maybe its because I like the look better I want them to drive better too lol....