• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Double push 657 ROLLIN COAL

Gavin84w

Has this gone up yet Roly? Lookin forward to the weed!!

And another film will be posted shortly, 657Bs pushed by a D10.

tctractors

Push CATs

Sadly Roly I like a bit more " GUN SMOKE " in my tractors, it makes it easy to spot them when you are on a big job.

tctractors

Northart

AHh that's Power

Ahh, that's power, just love the scraper spreads. Thats what I had in my younger days , Scrapers !

Grab a load in under 30 seconds and away you go ! Gets monotonous some days, but you literally watch cuts and fills grow !

Finally your glad to see the end, but grieve inwardly as to the job ending and missing all your friends. You want to go with them, to the next BIG ONE !

That was our way of saying goodbye, "See you on the next BIG ONE". :usa

Gavin84w

There is just something about scraper spreads that makes them the pic of earthmoving. I have worked at Mines with PC8000 and 793,s and everything under them and the big trucks while they move huge loads it is just not the thing to watch and be super impressed with and i think it is because the dirt stops and starts so many times to get it from A to B as compared to a scraper where the bowl is filled on the move at point A and it is belted to point B as fast as possible and then it is spread on the go and go do it all again, the dirt is always movin!! and isn,t that what it is all about?

pushcat

Looks like they need a little more practice, not quite synchronized yet.

RolyD8k

Occupation
farmer & earthmoving contractor
657 with double push

same outfit,different job,sorry TC not much smoke here;)

Attachments

• blue water 10  2  657.jpg
    blue water 10 2 657.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 2,170
  • blue water 7.jpg
    blue water 7.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,817
  • blue water 34  3.jpg
    blue water 34 3.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,881

LDK

Roly, are those pictures of when Neil was working on the Blue Circle job in the south.

Does he have much going on now, I hope so? It was 20 years ago but he is nicest guy I ever worked for, a real diamond in the raw.

RolyD8k

Occupation
farmer & earthmoving contractor
Blue Water

LDK,yes,south of the thames at Blue Water for Blue circle cement
i spoke to Neil two months ago,the 37s were busy,not sure about
the 57s,neil was busy on the spanners as you would expect,a real
nice bloke:thumbsup