• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Drifting a 777 CAT

JDOFMEMI

Looks to me like traveling too fast for the conditions. I bet it was a wild ride, though I have known guys that would do that at the bottom of ramps on purpose, when they thought no one was looking.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
If you ask me the guy following the 777 was too close. If something spilled he would not have time to react.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Guy in the pickup following him was deffo too close and the haul truck was going far too fast for the conditions IMHO. FFS you could hardly see the road for the fog. 76 tons - he only had half a load on then......

We had 777 operators on the coal sites who could do a full 360 spin with an empty 777 and just carry on down the ramp like nothing had happened.

blitz138

Yup first thing I thought was wth is he following so close. Of course the operator was going to fast, its mining and hes an operator.