• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

el 200b

ILLICEMAN

Occupation
FARMER ex CHEVY DEALER
i just bought a 200b. i have changed the controls over before but am having a time getting it right this time.
hoses have been changed and not marked.
any idea,s

thanks jim:mad: :notworthy

ROV Tech

Ok I have never worked on a el200b, but I take it is a excavator and they basicly all the same. I also take it you have moved hoses on the joystick.

In a very safe area with personel out of the way, operate the controls and see what functions. Do not lift bucket far off the ground and only do slight movements. Have your slew brake ready to come on.
Depending on control lever you funtion and what cylinder moves. If you find the boom lifts, when you are trying to crowd the bucket, then mark that hose ( on the joystick ) which is on the bucket crowd as "boom lift".
Then function boom lift and find out what cylinder is moving, etc.

You should be able to work out your hoses, and have them all marked when you have done this. Then is just a matter of taking you hosed off and putting them where they are meant to be.

Another way is just chase hoses all the way to the control valve. Work out which control valve does what. Move your hoses on your joystick to where they are meant to be.

Duff