• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Electric problem with JD 455D

LEEBO

Having a problem with lights cutting out, and voltmeter cutting out at the same time. Manual says when the circuit breaker trips, it'll do this, and just turn off ignition switch and turn back on, and breaker will reset itself. Mine isn't responding to that step. Does anyone know where the circuit is. I took the instrument cover off and looked around, but I couldn't identify what the breaker looks like. Any info will help. Also, what inherant problems should I be on the lookout for with this model? I haven't really had any major problems with it yet, after about 200 hours.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
According to the electrical diagram, there's two circuit breaker behind the instrument panel. Item 1 looks like a thermal breaker, one that resets itself. Item 4 is the other breaker, can't tell if it's a thermal breaker or a manual reset though.

JD 455D instrument electrical resized.gif

LEEBO

Sorry I haven't got back to you. I've had problems with logging in. Just wanted to say thanks for the wiring diagram. I took off the panel cover, and wiggled the wires around, and both the lights, and the voltmeter started working again. My transmission temp gauge never has worked, so I don't know if its the gauge, wiring, or sender unit. At any rate, the wiring has been spliced and retaped numerous times, so I don't know if I want to attempt rewiring everything again and clean the mess up. I'm not an electrical kind of guy. Thanks again anyway, Leebo