• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ethanol and diesel issue

equip guy

Occupation
Ag and Construction Equip mechanic
Hi fellas,
Just a heads up, not sure if anyone has heard of this, but my service tech for my fueling station was telling me that he has been seeing problems with fuel dispensing pumps that have gas/diesel or diesel only. He explained that some diesel dispensing pumps are badly cooroded from the inside, and also some heavy equipment and vehicle injection systems. Although not sure if it is from the carrier that might transport both in one trailer, or at the terminal, but there is a growing problem showing of reaction of the ethanol and the properties of diesel fuel. He used a term of "coffee grinds" seen in pump components, and it is eating metal parts also. Just one more thing to worry about when troubleshooting. I told him to keep me posted as they are looking into it. Just thought I would share with you guys.