• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

EX100-2 pump problem

TraxterMaster

Occupation
Farmer
Well I'm about done with that thing. I had engine smoking and stalling problem as soon as i touch any fonctions.
-Cleaned out the screen in the banjo fitting. (Help starting)
-Changed the fuel filter (didn't change anything)
-Checked the fuses, check harness(fix rpm sensor and solenoid wire)
-Replaced blown fuse. (didn't change anything)
-Swap solenoid harness(it moves slow and removes load on the engine when the fonction activated but reloads when the fonction goes back to neutral. "full swash" with out touching any commands)
-Swap solenoid location. (didn't change anything)
-Checked the spool valve(it seems stiff but I dont know how it should be, I need to stick 2 fingers and push with my 2 hands to move it up and down)
-Code 22 comes up on his DR.EX (abnormal pump control)
-Replaced the de-swash solenoid and still does the same.
-Checked the Angle sensor (the angle was showing 4.4-4.6 degrees and doesn't move. Tried to force to go full swash to recalibrate the sensor but could not reach 4.2volt maximum was 3.8volt. with the angle sensor of we could read voltage fine and the DR.EX was showing 0degrees to 26 degrees when turning the sensor.)
-DP sensor shows full flow

So now the question is how tight should that spool valve should be

machine

what spool are you referring to? code 22 on DR.EX is abnormal pump control.
if the pump control was normal and you disconnect the DP sensor the pump would quickly go to full stroke and load the engine. check harness for 5 volts
on the red wire at DP sensor. the middle wire is the signal wire to computer. if you jump the red wire to the middle wire and the pump destrokes there is a problem in sensor. BUT before you get a new sensor check that the spool acting on the sensor is not stuck and unable actuate the sensor.
if you turn off the key and restart does it work ok until it acts up again and goes into spasm?. if it does this it is the angle sensor sending false signal to pvc.
if you have the use of DR.EX you can monitor the operation of the DP and pump angle sensor.

KenAl

Replaced blown fuse. (didn't change anything)
-Swap solenoid harness(it moves slow and removes load on the engine when the fonction activated but reloads when the fonction goes back to neutral. "full swash" with out touching any commands)

Blown fuse? The 1 amp PVC fuse? Do not put a bigger amp fuse in there. The fact that Dr Ex still hooks up means it is ok.

The fact that you have swapped the harness and the load removes kind of tells you that it is swashing right. It is hard to push up as you are pushing one lens plate attached to two rotating groups. Should go back down easy though.
Two things I would check. 1) pull the angle sensor out and make sure the centre punch mark on the angle sensor shaft is 180 degrees away from the harness. 2) While you have that out take the spring clip out of the pump and put a common screwdriver in the hole and see if you can rotate the arm. It is a follow up link that is attached to the lens plate. If it moves any amount that is not good and it should be looked at. The most common thing I have found is the Angle Sensor. When it gets hot it shorts out and blows the 1 amp fuse. Check those first. Good Luck

TraxterMaster

Occupation
Farmer
The spool valve I'm talking about is the piston that goes up and down to change the plate angle.

I will check the DP sensor because it looked like it was always showing full presure.

I had a Wajax guy here with the DR.EX I tried to remember as much information of the readings, now I'm back to no dr.ex

machine

If by full pressure you mean the bar was dark across the screen, the DP sensor is probably ok . it will be telling the PVC to destroke the pump . so the reason the pump is not detrokeing is the angle sensor is telling the PVC the pump is at minimum stroke, or less than the angle the PVC wants. if the signal value does not match, the solenoids will continue to be activated until they do match. which in your case it is trying to bring the angle up by increasing flow.
the solenoid harness connecter should have one 24v live all the time with the key on. the other wire goes back to the PVC which will ground the solenoid required to move the pump swash up or down.
use an ohm meter to check the coils on the solenoids . if angle sensor is removed turn dot away from the wires and being very careful not to turn the shaft as you insert the tang into the spring then turn sensor to mid way in slots
and that will be very close to the correct adjustment. it is always better if you install a sensor that you know is good if possible.
if I remember rightly the fuses on the left side of box looking over the seat is
from closest to you 1,1,5,1,1,5,1,5,5. the one amp fuses are important any thing higher is death to the PVC sooner or later.
if the spool were to be easy to move the valve plate would be disconnected from it which is not good.

TraxterMaster

Occupation
Farmer
I just tried to check the Dp sensor and when I unplug it it went to full swash, I stoped the engine and looked at the angle sensor that the guy fooled with and removed it, allign the dot oposite to the harness re-installed with harness facing the door, ajusted to 4.23volt started again and magic happen. I will go dig around the garage for a few hours and see if it will fail again

KenAl

If it fails again, then the A sensor should be looked at. If the fuse blows and you replace it then let the machine cool down and it works good again. Then that would be a very common problem with an A sensor. Usually see it more in the hot summer weather.