• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ex60-2 loss of power

Eoin ex60-2

Hi all. New member but long time browser of this forum.
I have an ex60-2 Landy. Nice tidy machine. When cold, engine fires up first turn no issues. I, L, E, P functions work as normal. One track, boom and bucket function are weak. After about 5-10 mins all appears normal until you go to dig. Engine dies under load and I can feel a vibration of some sort coming through the cab, once I ease back in the control the engine revs up again. Auto idle function works to the extent it cuts the revs to idle but does not rev up again when you operate the levers. I have checked both gauze in the banjo bolts on the lift pump and fuel filter side. Changed fuel filter, and air filter. Changed both hydraulic filters.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
Eoin.

KOBE STEEL

possible pump issues for the poor power and performance. See if you can swap the main pump pressure hoses either at the pump or at the control valve and check to see if the issue goes to the other track.
The vibration may be the pump or the pump drive coupling, usually a rubber type element on a steel splined hub. The rubber couplings do crack and break up eventually.
The auto idle function should deactivate when either a travel lever or pilot control function is activated and the corresponding pressure switch is sensed by the engine and pump controller. A lot of excavators will have these pressure switches mounted on the control valve. Try testing the switches with a multimeter when the pilot operations are activated. Could be an electrical or pressure supply issue.
Best of luck in getting your problems sorted.

Eoin ex60-2

Put a gauge on North and South pump today. Hitting 3500psi but pulsing on south. Took pump off and sending away for rebuild. No metal in any filter. Hopefully no serious damage done.