• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Excavator control pattern changer valve stuck Luigong

Kyle Hancock

I’m trying to change the control pattern on a 922e Luigong excavator and the valve is set so far back in there you can’t see which way to turn it, but it’s not wanting to turn either way. It’s a typical hydraulic valve that has a square head bolt to turn. Is there a specific way to configure the machine when turning that valve, like could it be pilot pressure holding it stuck? I have tried Bucket on the ground, machine off, pilot controls locked etc. My question is do you have any idea what could cause the valve to stick, is it just a cheap valve and stuck o ring? Please don’t comment on how most excavators have a handle to turn or that this is a Chinese excavator with questionable design and quality, there’s other places to drag people down if your in need of that. I don’t own the machine I’m just an operator new to this job and need help asap or I won’t be able to work on this project, I’m the only guy on the job who uses the other pattern so switching a couple pilot hoses is not an option. Thanks

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
There should be something preventing unwanted rotation. Whether a spring-loaded plunger or wing nut or something. Look around the body . Beyond that, the valve is gonna be stiff. It's just how it is.

Kyle Hancock

There should be something preventing unwanted rotation. Whether a spring-loaded plunger or wing nut or something. Look around the body . Beyond that, the valve is gonna be stiff. It's just how it is.
Thanks for the reply funwithfuel, I plan on bringing a mirror and flashlight to be able to see, I think you could be correct there’s some rotation lock nut that I can’t see

Last edited: