• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

EXTEC C12 JAWCrusher

tctractors

The track chain is D5, the frame is made by N Strickland Heath Works, Cropthorn, Worc' U.K. and the roller depending on the bolt dia' 3/4 or 22 mm, the track drives are Bonfiglioli ( I am not great at spelling) hope this helps some.
tctractors

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
Just an fyi. on my pegson metrotrak i had a cracked cover on one of my bonfiglioli (i copied TC's spelling lol) finals and HEF user screen name "finaldrive" got me a new one. did you end up with that extec from the last ritchie bros auction in chehalis?
......TIO

tctractors

The thing that needs to be asked, is the easiest way to remove the still jaw plate out of these Crushers, I change/turn it would seem around 6 sets of these plates a year on C12-C12+ Crushers and that static plate is a pain to strip out, I have on the last few plate swaps beaten in a square block of timber into the top 2 bolt holes then cut flush with the plate, on the next change I just drilled/pulled out the timber and cleaned out a minimal amount of crap from in front of the hidden wedges and down the sides of the plate with a steamer, then managed to pull the plate easy, there is loads of "Bull Crap" about leaving the bolts loose untill things "Loosen" I have had a try of this a few times with no luck, there is talk about pushing the plate off with an Excavator Q Hitch but this needs the feeder stripping out, oh and that little ram would struggle to push me out of bed never mind poping the plate off its perch, so how do you experts go about this Dog Task.

tctractors

Photos to follow soon of the last few jaw stock swaps from last month and this month on C12 and C12-+ units

theironoracle

Occupation
TCT, I have never even seen an Extec in person but on the Pegsons a half hour with a hand held air chisel gets the dirt out then remove wedge bolts, then proceed to bang wedges loose with a 16 lb hammer. Nothing on this stuff is easy like you say. If we don't want stuff to come loose it does, if you want it to come apart it becomes a struggle....TIO

tctractors

tio, the pegson jaw stock I can tear out in a few moments, the Extec jaw stock is a right Ball ache with the moving jaw again coming out in only a few moments, but the static (still) plate has hold in wedges behind the plate located with 2 small bolts 1 though each lock, with these bolts removed the impacted dirt holds these locks better than bolts, this impacted crud is usualy set like stone with trouble all the way to remove to enable the locks to become free, the plate is lifted with 2 needles hanging off a bit of bridle gear I will post a few snaps of the crusher that I am working on at this moment and through the next week as I have torn the guts out of the thing.

tctractors

theironoracle

Occupation
I will wait to see your pictures. From your discription I hope I continue to only see them in pictures and not in person....TIO

tctractors

tio, I need to moan a bit as all the work I pick up on crushers is the crap stuff with every bolt rusted tight and every pin, bush or thing that needs to be removed knackered jambed or stuck, but it seems these days with high Land Fill costs plenty of soil gets blended in to the 6F2 and what is sometimes called Type 1 spec, this muck chokes up the feeder deck and fines hopper often wrecking the side conveyor (fines belt) so this usualy involves hollowing out the chassis of these lumps to re-build the workings, the down side is I seem to get plenty of enquiries from Co's wanting this work undertaken, it realy is not the sort of work that I seek as I am a dozer baby realy, but a coin is a coin so its get stuck in I suppose, plenty of people would be glad to do it (I tell myself)

I will post a few snaps over the Xmas break tctractors