• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Extreme Vehicle Series

EarthRockHill

Occupation
Industrial Photographer
I was contacted by a casting director at a subcontractor for the Discovery Channel, about a new series they are doing on Extreme Vehicles.

They are looking to shoot, within the next 2-4 weeks, a residential demolition project using a mid-size excavator as well film a larger high reach excavator in a commercial type setting.

They are also looking for any extremely large earth moving, wrecking or construction equipment to show on their series.

He specifically asked if I knew the location of a LeTourneau L-2350 wheel loader that he could feature on the series.

I talked with the casting director this morning and I thought I would post this information here to see if I could get any feedback from you.

The show, which is not yet on the air, has a host (a Spanish comedian) that introduces the machine and then with a few lessons will operate it.

In one instance he mentioned wanting to have access to a high reach excavator for the day to have the machine at his disposal to use on site.

In another instance he said 'Lets find a building that was slated for demolition by a municipality and go wreck it.'.

Please let me know if you are at all interested in this. I can put you in direct contact with this casting director if you want.

I haven't made any promises to him or guaranteed that I can find him stuff to shoot but I told him that I might have some leads.

Obviously, it would be worldwide exposure, great for any company big and small.

D5G

I don't know of too many compaines out there that would just hand over their 1+ million dollar high reach machine, with just a few qiuick lessons. Another big question would be, have these guys had any expirence on a construction / dmolition site, do they carry their own insurance if they destroy or damage a structure or vehicle? Lots of questions to be asked and answered.....and quick!

EarthRockHill

Occupation
Industrial Photographer
Some minor edits to this post..... see below

I was contacted by a casting director at a subcontractor for A MAJOR NETWORK, about a new series they are doing on Extreme Vehicles.

They are looking to shoot, within the next 2-4 weeks, a residential demolition project using a mid-size excavator as well film a larger high reach excavator in a commercial type setting.

They are also looking for any extremely large earth moving, wrecking or construction equipment to show on their series.

He specifically asked if I knew the location of a LeTourneau L-2350 wheel loader that he could feature on the series.

I talked with the casting director this morning and I thought I would post this information here to see if I could get any feedback from you.

The show, which is not yet on the air, has a host (a famous comedian) that introduces the machine and then with a few lessons will operate it.

In one instance he mentioned wanting to have access to a high reach excavator for the day to have the machine at his disposal to use on site.

In another instance he said 'Lets find a building that was slated for demolition by a municipality and go wreck it.'.

Please let me know if you are at all interested in this. I can put you in direct contact with this casting director if you want.

I haven't made any promises to him or guaranteed that I can find him stuff to shoot but I told him that I might have some leads.

Obviously, it would be worldwide exposure, great for any company big and small.

They are affiliated with the Discovery Channel for other shows, but not this one....and the Host is famous not Spanish...oops I misunderstood what he said... yikes...

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
Wasn't there a show with (one of the guys from the Soprano's maybe?) that was the same premise. He would race against the real operators time in moving or digging etc?

Truckin4life

Occupation
Concrete Plant Operator.
Im sure that the Discovery Channel will have insurance and will likely re-imburse said company for any time deemed un productive...

tripper_174

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator Trainer
Tony Siragusa, pretty good football player though. Twelve years in the NFL and a Superbowl ring with the Ravens. Was on the Sopranos. The other program was Megamachines and it surely did suck!

excav8r

Occupation
Equipment Operator
i've got nothing against him sopranos was a great series. except for the ending lol