• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Final Drive.

JDMGrading

I recently purchased a IHI 35J from my friend, who had it for 2 months...So i had it repainted, and changed all the fluids.

Well I was tracking along minding my own business and the left side final locked up.

Soooo I was wondering where the cheapest finals drives can be found. IHI wants $5000, another little shop wants $2900, I was just looking for more references if anyone has some.

Thanks.

nobull1

Charter Member
Occupation
Same as interests
A guy with a Kubota mini had the same problem, price wise. Search Kubota final drive and I think you will find someone who is selling at a more reasonable price.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I recently purchased a IHI 35J from my friend, who had it for 2 months...So i had it repainted, and changed all the fluids.

Well I was tracking along minding my own business and the left side final locked up.

Soooo I was wondering where the cheapest finals drives can be found. IHI wants $5000, another little shop wants $2900, I was just looking for more references if anyone has some.

Thanks.

I had always had good luck with IHI in Ky, on parts, although I never had anything that severe go wrong with my 35J. It was a great little excavator. You can probably get an entire 35J for 10K or under if you look. 5K for a final seems out of bounce to me.

JDMGrading

How were you able to purchase parts through IHI? I've tried numerous times, and yet they still tell me I have to go through a dealer.

Ive never even seen a IHI dealership, come to think of it Neff Rental is the only one that I can go through around here.

Man if only I could find one around $1800 id be set.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
How were you able to purchase parts through IHI? I've tried numerous times, and yet they still tell me I have to go through a dealer.

Ive never even seen a IHI dealership, come to think of it Neff Rental is the only one that I can go through around here.

Man if only I could find one around $1800 id be set.

I think the reason is there were no dealers around this area. I would call for what I need and they would next day the parts. Pretty painless. Also I came across a 35J parts book. If you need one PM me.

finaldrive

Occupation
Business Owner

Thanks.

I have new ones on the shelf for the 35J and about 250 other excavators.

I'll send you a PM.