• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

FireFox Problem

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
So I hit my first gliche with FireFox. I went to my website http://www.costone.com.au/

to add a new Testimonial from one of our customers who was good enough to take the time and send us some praise.

I logged into my site and everytime I changed to the "Testimonials" page it logged me out. After messing around for awhile I was able to get in and add the text, however, when I logged out it didn't appear. I logged back in and it was gone. So I did it again with the same result.

Eventually I fired up IE and loaded up the new testimonial no problem...its there (there are now 4 testimonials). Still FireFox will not show that fourth testimonial and its hours later. It seems to be hung up on the old page. Re-booting FireFox didn't help either. It seems to be something to do with the security log-in or something:beatsme:beatsme

Do I have to clear the browsing history or cookies or something?. That would be a PITA everytime I want to update my site.

On edit: I just followed the link from this post (in FireFox) and the fourth testimonial wasn't there so I hit the "reload" button and it logged me into the site and sure enough it appeared. When I logged out it disappeared for a few minutes and I hit F5 and up it came.........something fishy going on with FF. How can I fix this.

Last edited:

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
:DSquizzy setup Firefox to delte your browsing history when you exit the browser. That is one bug I have with it. If you want I'll get some screen caps together and show you how if needed. What's happening is the cookie is evidently not updating to the new one for some reason. Which version of Firefox you using?

I do like your website. Nice work done there. What about a nuclear powered computer. bigger and badder than the HAL-9000? :D :rolleyes:

Last edited:

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Squizzy when did this happen?? firefox updated with me on Saturday and Yesterday it started acting the maggot so much so that I was unable to do the on line course I have started,so today I loaded google on the desktop and downgraded FF.

Stock

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Squizzy when did this happen?? firefox updated with me on Saturday and Yesterday it started acting the maggot so much so that I was unable to do the on line course I have started,so today I loaded google on the desktop and downgraded FF.

Stock

Stock: it was fine last week and the week before...it only started this in the last couple of days.

Bear: its 3.0.8, I'll set it to delete browsing history but thats not gunna work until I shut the thing down.

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
Very true Sqizzy. I'll root around here and see what info on bugs i can find for that revision.