• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Floor Panel Repair Questions

rumblecloud

Occupation
Living the dream...:]
I don't have a lot of faith in the JB stuff either. The washers are good bet though. I need to ferret out the front bolt hole and then I can pin it with the washers on three sides. I stayed off the pedal yesterday and just used the hand throttle. I'll poke it some more and see what size washers I have laying around.
Thanks for the input.
Randy

rumblecloud

Occupation
Living the dream...:]
Just wanna put a bow on this for now, but I reserve the right to resurrect it at some point in the not too distant future when I know it will require a proper fix...

fender washer.jpg

I have one on either side at the base of the pedal.

I also wire brushed the floor panel down to remove all the loose rust then hit it with a couple of coats of Rustoleum Rust Reforming and Undercoating. I know POR is the way to go but I can't afford that right now and I need to put the vinyl mat back down so I can get some work done while the weather is being kind.

Thanks again for all your ideas.
Randall