• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ford 655a TLB Loader Control Problem

buymyemu

I have a 3 year old (to me) 198x Ford 655a e-hoe. The loader wobble stick no longer returns to center when I let go , and the loader continues to move in whatever direction I started it. It will bog the engine down when it bottoms out if I do not notice it first.

For now, I can stop the movement by 'wiggling' the stick.

Questions:

1) sounds like the loader control valve assembly?
2) If it continues to stop when I wiggle, can I let this go until fall/winter?
3) I searched the internet but came up empty, where can I find an exchange or parts to rebuild?

Thanks for any help...

Frank

oldseabee

Occupation
Retired
Sounds like corroded linkage. I had the same thing on the bucket lever for my 555 BH.
I took off the sheilds and doused all the swivel joints with old synthetic motor oil and worked them all until the came loose and the oil got into the swivels. Ford was bad about not providing lube points for the linkage.