• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ford LRG-425 EFI starts, revs to redline and shuts off

MarioMP

I'm trying to move a 1998 Genie Z-60/34 4WD Dual Fuel Articulating Boom Lift.
It's been sitting for few years and I have to get it off the previous owner's property.
I replaced fuel, checked the oil, etc.
With a fresh battery, the engine starts right away, but it immediately goes into max rev and shuts down.
Without the engine running, I can't drive it.
I rather not jerry-rig winching system to get this thing on the trailer.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
I'll be heading there in few hours to see what else I can find.

Txhayseed

Hard to tell from the video but they usually start and then drop down. You can remove the throttle soleniod and see if that helps. But if something is shutting you down its most likely going to be oil pressure related or fuel. Oil pressure is the first thing the system expects to see upon start. So in a nut shell no fuel or no oil pressure the system will shut you down. I would check your oil pressure sensor and make sure your getting fuel flow

MarioMP

We were able to get the unit started by pinching air intake.
I'm able to run it and operate all functions from the basket, but not from the ground.

I will start looking at the throttle controller.

Mark68

Occupation
Farm mechanic
Mario, we’re you able to figure this out. I’m having the same issue with my 1999 s-40.