• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Galvanized trailers from Canada

Quentin Llop

I've been seeing a lot of new galvanized trailers from Canadian manufacturers being advertised by dealers here in NY.
Triumph, N&N, K-trail, Silver Mountain, Canada Trailers...
They look like decent trailers but I find it odd that I can't find many examples of used ones(here or in Canada). Do people never sell their galvanized trailer or do they not last as well as you'd think?

Delmer

Interesting. U haul has had galvanized trailers for a while, they've been very popular in the UK for a while, but I can't say I've seen many, if any. Plenty of aluminum trailers, they were only common new not long ago, but now getting more common to see used. I'm talking car hauler and smaller trailers, I don't recognize any of those brands, so don't know what sizes you're talking about. Aluminum stock trailers, and grain trailers have been mostly aluminum for longer.

Quentin Llop

I think K-trail makes trailers from tiny utility trailers ups to 40ft 3x12k axle goosenecks.
Personally thinking about getting a 14k tilt trailer which would move everything other than my tractors(too wide) and 18k excavator.

Simon C

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
I have a N&N Galvanized 14000 LBS trailer and it was hot dipped. Very hard to find used ones. Very well built as I looked at many models before buying this one. Will find a picture to share later.
Simon C

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
I have a N&N Galvanized 14000 LBS trailer and it was hot dipped. Very hard to find used ones. Very well built as I looked at many models before buying this one. Will find a picture to share later.
Simon C
I'm not surprised they are hard to find, hot dipped is so much better than electroplating.

WaterDoc

Occupation
Complete water system disinfection services
I have a N&N galvanized single axle dump trailer. It's 4 years old now and I've put over 50k on it with my truck and I'm not the only one who pulls it.

Still looks like new, nothing but normal wear and tear. 1 set of tires and a clearance lamp. I'm glad it's holding up well because the price of a new one is 40% more than what I paid in 2019