• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gas Tank mounting.

CT18fireman

Occupation
Owner
I have a diesel fuel cell that we can set in a truck or on the equipment trailer as needed.

I am looking to mount some sort of transfer tank (around 20-25 gals) to my landscape trailer to fuel mowers etc. Right now I have two 5 gallon tanks that bounce around in the cage along with my smaller mix tank. I end up filling the mowers and the tanks everyday (we cut three days a week) If I could get a gas fuel cell then I could just fill up once a week. I have the a-frame area of the trailer free.

I have seen the small 10 gallon gravity feed, but I am looking for something that I can use a power pump and have more capacity.

Being that I am a fireman I would like to be in the realm of legal although all the mowing is done in to towns so there is no highway or out of state travel.

Any ideas?

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
The easiest thing would be a aluminum fuel tank off of a truck a round one. Another option is make a spot on the trailer that you can strap a drum of fuel onto. With the drum of fuel being portable it removes all the legal crap. Also you can take it off the trailer when you don't need the fuel on the trailer.

I don't know what size of drums you guys use in the states but we are allowed to legally carry 1 45 imperial gallon drum of gas. You can put a barrel pump on top of it that you crank. You would need a grounding system to ground everything so you don't get a static electricity build up.

RadioFlyer

Fuel Cell

There are plastic boat fuel cells that could be mounted underneath the trailer between the frame rails. This could also be done with an aluminum cell, depending on the depth of your trailer frame.