• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gehl CTL70 alarm problem

daystar

Occupation
General Contractor
I have a 2003 Gehl CTL70. It will run for 5 seconds then cut out with a flashing orange alarm light at the top of the instrument panel. The manual says the light is for rapid water temp rise or low oil pressure. The oil is clean and full and the unit didn't run long enough for the water temp to be a problem. The unit ran fine the last time we used it and it was shut down normally. Any ideas?

Goose

Check the radiator hose. In one of them usually the top hose there is a sensor in a tee fitting in the hose. This is the low coolant sensor. You can unhook it and see if the machine continues to run. The sensor can go bad but most of the time if the sensor is in the top hose there is air trapped in the hose and the sensor is not emersed in coolant and is shutting the engine down or the coolant level is low.

daystar

Occupation
General Contractor
ok, found the t-fitting and disconnected the sensor, Still cuts out after 5 seconds with the same alarm. I was wondering about grounding the sensor wire. What do you think?

Goose

Yes ground the wire. I see that i forgot to add that earlier. The controller is looking for a ground at the sender and it will be if it is emersed in coolant.

daystar

Occupation
General Contractor
OK, Finally tried it again. Grounding the sensor allowed it to run normal. After it warmed up I reconnected the sensor and it cut out after 5 seconds. Guess I have a bad sensor because my coolant level is full.