• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie RT 2668 - Slow/Barely lifts

Okay... looks like I celebrated too soon.

Getting the engine speed proper lets me lift the thing, but it's still verrrrrry slow. I'll check pressures again and report back...

Is it possible that the cylinder seals are blown but aren't showing any external oil? How hard are these to replace?

Is it possible that the proportional valve that works in concert with the lift and drive circuits is failing?

Thanks everyone...

skata

Is the engine revving up?
You can go into the base control diagnostics and adjust the lift and drive speeds. It's in the service manual

Yes, the engine is revving up. I have it set a couple hundred rpm above the standard in 'rabbit' mode. I know, but this is an issue that occurred suddenly, so it seems mechanical in nature as opposed to a setting. It also kind of...pulses as it goes up, if that makes sense.

skata

Yes, the engine is revving up. I have it set a couple hundred rpm above the standard in 'rabbit' mode. I know, but this is an issue that occurred suddenly, so it seems mechanical in nature as opposed to a setting. It also kind of...pulses as it goes up, if that makes sense.
Got enough fluid? Did suction line get loose and perhaps is sucking air?

Doing the software change actually fixed it... I think it must have reset when the battery died and I replaced it. Now onto the new problem.. I'll post a new thread. Thanks everyone.