• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genuine VS Chinese parts

Welder Dave

Apparently Snap-On bought the Malco plant but it's not clear if they are making their locking pliers there or not. Their pliers are definitely Malco design though. Malco made them for Snap-On in the past.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I've had excellent luck with most durable goods made in Japan over the past 30yrs. Most of my small construction equipment is Kubota and have numerous products from Honda including two cars, ATV, dirtbike, many GX series small engines, generators, etc. Hondas are the only cars we've owned that have made it to almost 400K mi.

Our Catabishi machines are damn near bullet proof.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Apparently Snap-On bought the Malco plant but it's not clear if they are making their locking pliers there or not. Their pliers are definitely Malco design though. Malco made them for Snap-On in the past.
That caught me off-guard. Apparently, Snap-On is selling a large cache of “new old stock” Malco pliers with Snap-On branding that were purchased before the factory closed.

I haven’t been on a truck since 2019. But, I need a pair of these bad boys. The Snap-On logo pliers are twice the price of Eagle Grip branded ones. Nice piece of history. Apparently, the factory is being moved to Ohio?

Welder Dave

The Malco were a little pricey to begin with. I wonder how many companies that sold out regret it years later? Champion graders is another example.