• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Good morning from Colorado

Makoman254

I’ve been lurking for a while, I can’t appreciate the help I’ve gotten on the forum over the years. We have a small excavation company and mainly do residential with some commercial mixed in from time to time.
Keeping the business going for my kids as they seem to love dirt work.
We recently moved our business from Ohio to colorado to get out of the mud. And sloppy in between winters. Looking forward to trying to enjoy a little more time in the winters snowmobiling and hunting.
Thanks again for all the help the forum has provided!
Ron

NHrockfarm

Hi Ron,

I share your appreciation for the forum. I'm a noobie myself, and an amateur one at that. I'm glad HEF is here for the help, learning, and general interest.

Your kids are fortunate. I can remember as a kid the excitement of climbing on equipment left at construction sites and imagining operating such massive machines. Of course, we never messed with anything, and I think back then there wasn't the same concern for theft, vandalism, and lawsuits. My own son just started driving a dump for a largish company, but he did that without my help. He probably would have loved growing up around a company like yours.

Makoman254

Times have changed for sure, I remember seeing job site with big equipment and running up the tracks or ladder and daydreaming. It’s kinda to bad though days are kinda gone. Like you said not to vandalize. Just wanted to feel that feeling of being on big iron. This business has its ups and downs. For the most part I still enjoy it!
Take care
Ron