• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Got Cat 24M pics!

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
Thats a big machine Caterpillar prolly doesn't sell many of those to municipalities :roll

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
With those joysticks the cab looks strikingly similar to an excavator. I bet that would be a blast to operate.

345cl

Occupation
excavator operator in the sewer bussiness
grader

that is one monster grader im very impressed with the cab lay out would be interesting to try!!

Grader4me

Notice the arm rests on the seat. Lord forbid that you would have to hold your arms up to work the controls:notworthy
No doubt a very nice looking machine :yup

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
Can I get Google routing from the hotel to the restrant on board? Which panel on the back houses the hotel? Next thing you know they will have a refinery onboard to supply the fuel, They may need it. Does each one of these have it's own zip code?

jazak

Who that thing is big!!!! Those controls look MUCH nicer then the standard grader controls...

Cat140G

Occupation
Motorgrader Operator
WOW, that machine is massive, bet that would be a blast to operate

Loaderman380

Occupation
Operator for an underground utility company
Nice pics. That is one large piece. We have an old 16 and a couple of 12's on site. One of the 12's has GPS which almost seems like cheating.

Last edited:

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF DuraMaxMan66! :drinkup

Danial Doherty

Sorry to did this old thread up for the archives.... no doubt this is a " dream" machine and would be blast to operate, but i have one bad thing to say.... and that is how can they make a grader this size and still give it such a small cab, there is no room for anything!

Gavin84w

Same size cab as the 24H that has been around since 96 and when you think about the layout changes they have done it has actually increased the room inside the cab with getting rid of the centre console and steering wheel.

What is it you need to do in the cab that you say has no room for anything?

Last edited:

Haul-Pak

Same size cab as the 24H that has been around since 96 and when you think about the layout changes they have done it has actually increased the room inside the cab with getting rid of the centre console and steering wheel.

What is it you need to do in the cab that you say has no room for anything?

I Agree with GAV. Its a big enough cab for grading. You can stand up straight in it!

Been a 24M on-site now for quite a while, Doing really well.

I am pretty good on the controls now.

Motor Grader

Occupation
Technology Solutions Expert
The problem with larger cabs is that you increase the floor space which decreases visibility down to the blade. Now a big roomy cab might work with a glass floor in it.

Cletus

Occupation
Operator of Older Equipment, Old Equipment Operato
How do you raise and lower the blade? I've been running blade since I was 2 years old but havn't been on an M yet.

Attachments

• scan0011.jpg
    scan0011.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,773