• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

GPS newbie needs help with software

Jeron

Hey everyone.. I own an excavation company and just bought a GPS-controlled Dozer (Komatsu DX65pxi). To go with that we also purchased a base and rover setup. That is Topcon Hiper VR and an FC6000 data collector. We are using it as a base currently and it works great.

But we also dig basements and i would love to use the GPS to layout the lot and dig corners. I know how to enter the points manually but I'm looking for a more streamlined option.

I draw all the basements in Sketchup. Is there any way to get that into something the GPS system will read??? Or is there a good software that i can get that i can draw up simple projects that i can then import into the GPS?? creating slopes and surfaces would be awesome, but simple points so i can at least layout a basement would be the bare minimum.

I know i can do it with AutoCAD, but I'm looking for something that is a lot cheaper considering i won't be using it all the much or often.

Thanks for any help you may have.