• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grade control for JD700j

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
So my 700j Has the Trimble wiring and hook ups for machine control in it. What kind of options are there for getting something to make it run. I don't need to be full GPS. I could use a laser set up if there is anything out there. It would be nice for building pads and a little ditch work. Now i just use regular laser with magnetic receiver.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Since you have Trimble wiring, using Trimble Earthworks would be the easiest. I don't have any experience with Earthworks on a Dozer. I do have it on two excavators and I really like it. Building pads would be a great application for a 2D laser system.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Contact your area SiTech dealer. They are the authorized Trimble Earthworks dealer.

I have 2 Cat/Trimble laser receivers we use for our CTL box blade I'd be willing to part with since we're looking at a smart grader blade with GPS. They are the big laser receivers that work with any single or dual slope laser. Not sure if they would work with your setup though. PM if interested.

IMG_0331.jpeg

Last edited:

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
Thanks, I will look into it. Sad to say I really have zero knowledge with grade control setups. I understand how they work and stuff but have not had any experiance with them.

I really like your setup that would be a great machine,

Last edited:

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
SiTech can explain the advantages of the system and likely put you behind a machine equipped with the system. Either through a customer event day or as they did for me, they had a customer that let me spend a couple hours with him and the system. It was the deciding factor for me. Leica has a good system as well. I just found Earthworks a little more simple to navigate. Now it is second nature.

alexanderm16

A laser-based system, such as the Trimble Spectra Precision Laser LR50 or LR60, is an option. These systems improve precision for grading, pad construction, and ditch work by using a laser receiver on the blade. As an alternative, think about the Leica iCON iGD2 system, which offers grade information in real time via a receiver on the blade and an intuitive control panel. The Topcon 3D-MC2 system combines laser and GNSS technology for more sophisticated functionality, providing semi-automatic control for improved precision in a variety of grading applications.